GBMWolverine: Bowling Green vs. Michigan - Hockey Preview

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

GBMWolverine: Bowling Green vs. Michigan - Hockey Preview

Postby ErocWolverine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:10 am

For those that might be interested in seeing what we think at GBMWolverine of the CCHA Semifinal game between Bowling Green vs. Michigan.

GBMWolverine: Michigan Hockey — Bowling Green Falcons vs. Michigan Wolverines — CCHA Semifinals — Preview

For those that might be interested, please sign up to our GBMWolverine Message Board and discuss the game. Thanks a lot guys it has been fun! You can also register here: GBMWolverine Registration
ErocWolverine
Egg
Egg

Re: GBMWolverine: Bowling Green vs. Michigan - Hockey Previe

Postby toddpav » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:08 am

Nice write up... you should give some credit to the cool site where you got those photos :-)
Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba Photographer
toddpav
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby ErocWolverine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:26 am

You have to hover over the the photos (it might take a second) to see the headlines. That is how our wordpress works for my network. It doesn't show them underneath anymore like it use too with our new web design that should be out anyday.

College Hockey News was the one and BGSU was the other for the BG players where MGoBlue was the ones for the Michigan players. I use Google for all my photos when I do searches.
ErocWolverine
Egg
Egg

Postby toddpav » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:37 am

All I'm saying is that if College Hockey News can credit the source, then you can too.

p.s. just because an image comes up in Google's image search doesn't mean its ok for publication everywhere on the internet without credit. FYI.
toddpav
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Redwingtom » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:53 am

Actually Todd, I didn't care much for the write-up. Typical elitist UM snark. All the more reason to hope we knock off the weasels.

We aren't upstarts dude...we've been at this for years with a proud tradition including a national championship and a fairly consistent beating of your school back in the day.

And the Ferris goal tender was the goalie of the year and their coach was coach of the year. Sorry, you don't get to win all the awards just because you are Michigan!

Lastly, Hammond hasn't "suddenly risen" and is not playing above his capabilities. He's every bit the goaltender as what you have.
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby toddpav » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:55 am

That was me being polite.
toddpav
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby ErocWolverine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Redwingtom wrote:Actually Todd, I didn't care much for the write-up. Typical elitist UM snark. All the more reason to hope we knock off the weasels.

We aren't upstarts dude...we've been at this for years with a proud tradition including a national championship and a fairly consistent beating of your school back in the day.

And the Ferris goal tender was the goalie of the year and their coach was coach of the year. Sorry, you don't get to win all the awards just because you are Michigan!

Lastly, Hammond hasn't "suddenly risen" and is not playing above his capabilities. He's every bit the goaltender as what you have.

Thanks for the hate and the name calling!

Yes, we know the history of the program at Bowling Green especially since I only live 40 minutes away from BG. We know you won the title in 1984 which is a long time ago. You have 7 CCHA titles and 5 CCHA tournament titles in the 40 years you have been in the CCHA

Well your program hasn't been that good for along time, let's be honest about it. Your team was last place this year in the standings so calm down a little bit and throwing out "name calling". How about "relevant" does that make you feel better than being "Cinderella" for this year.

Here is what we said in the article:
The Bowling Green Falcons are trying to accomplish something that has never been done in the CCHA playoffs: win the tournament title without playing a single game at home, and winning from the last place position. It is truly remarkable that a team of this talent and experience level could knock off the aforementioned teams, but they did it- and did it by outworking their opponents.

The x-factor has been the sudden Hobey Baker like scoring touch from freshman forward Dan DeSalvo (14-11-25) who has scored ten playoff goals in the Falcons six CCHA tournament games. He had only scored four goals during the regular season- and ironically wasn’t even put into the lineup when Michigan finished the season at BGSU.

The bottom line is, BG is much improved versus their averages. A better indicator may be their playoff numbers which show a more balanced offense and better defense.

---------------

We seemed to give your program a lot of compliments and respect, but I see you don't and like to throw names around.

---------------

The last 5 years your program has finished 11th in '10-'11 season, 11th in '09-'10 season, 12th in '08-'09 season, 7th (tied) in '07-'08 season, and 12th in '06-'07 season. That isn't a powerhouse of late. Sorry, but truth hurts sometimes and we hope moving to a new conference after next season actually helps the program.

When was the last time Bowling Green won the CCHA Championship or CCHA Tournament Championship? The late 80's early '90's????

When was the last time Bowling Green made it to the NCAA Tournament? The late 80's early '90's????

Your program was on the chopping block or rumored to be for many years not that long ago. Got many BG alumni that have talked about it to me directly for many years.

Sorry we thought Hunwick who is a former walk-on that nobody wanted deserve more credit for what he has done this season and believe that him being a walk-on actually hurt him. Your goalies were giving up roughly 3 goals a game.
ErocWolverine
Egg
Egg

Postby The Niz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:19 pm

I only hate one hockey team more than the egg suckers, and its the weasels.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Redwingtom wrote:Actually Todd, I didn't care much for the write-up. Typical elitist UM snark. All the more reason to hope we knock off the weasels.

I didn't find too much wrong with it. If you're an outsider to the BG program, they are upstart, it's been 10 years since they've gotten this far. To anyone who doesn't follow the program with a close eye, its a huge shock they got this far.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ErocWolverine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 pm

The Niz wrote:I only hate one hockey team more than the egg suckers, and its the weasels.

Is that because Michigan travels so well when they come to Bowling Green or does it have to do with how well Michigan has done?

Michigan History:

NCAA Tournament: (Which some of these stats we will be adding too!

Appearances ... 34 ... (Most by any program)!
Frozen Four Appearances ... 24 ... (Most by any program)!
NCAA Championships ... 9 ... (Most by any program)!
Current and most ever consecutive Tournament appearances in a row ... 21 ... (Most by any program)!

Michigan joined the CCHA for the 1981-82 season.
Have finished 5th or better in the CCHA standings since 1987-1988 season except for 1 year.
The Wolverines have advanced to the CCHA tournament semi-finals in 24 straight seasons.
Michigan has swept the CCHA championships -- regular season and tournament -- six times, more than any other program.

Just under Coach Berenson Michigan has had what a lot of schools/programs would like to have for their entire history:
NCAA Championships - 1996, ‘98.
NCAA Frozen Fours - 1992, ‘93, ‘95, ‘96, ‘97, ‘98, 2001, ‘02, ‘03, ’11.
CCHA Regular-Season Championships - 1992, ‘94, ‘95, ‘96, ‘97, 2000, ‘02, '04, ‘05, ‘08, ’11. (Most in the conference)!
CCHA Tournament Championships - 1994, ‘96, ‘97, ‘99, 2002, ‘03, ‘05, ‘08, ‘10.

Maybe all the hate has to do with how well Coach Berenson has done against Bowling Green throughout the years as Michigan's coach? Michigan against Bowling Green under "Red" is leading the series 66-26-3 ***Think that included this year, but might not have).
ErocWolverine
Egg
Egg

Postby The Niz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 pm

No I just hate the big 10 schools in general.

You're treading in shark infested waters coming in and spouting off how great scUM is, especially in a place where most folks have a general attitude of hate and discontent towards schools like yours.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby DetroitFalcon » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:17 pm

GBM,

The problem is that your comments are overly condescending, with the same elitist attitude that many U of M fans take. If you feel the need to post here, you should expect to get treated this way. This is a Bowling Green site.

Your "comebacks" are not funny or witty. Just crass. U of M has more money and is more powerful than BG. Everyone here knows that and no one here cares. Instead of enlightening us, why not go on your own U of M site and count the users who actually earned even a single credit hour in Ann Arbor? It will probably be less than 1%. Then I suggest you count U of M's NCAA violations in men’s sports over the past 30 years. You will find that you also have way more of those than we do!

It's sad to say but you even have less class than Sparty, who would just burn our couch and go home, without being so pompous.

Go Falcons.
DetroitFalcon
Egg
Egg

Postby Lord_Byron » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 pm

When a donkey flies, you can't blame him for not staying in the air.

He tried to be civil, but just couldn't do it.

Can someone explain to me in the beginning of the article on the GBM Board. what does ". . . supposed CCHA first team goaltender. . ." mean? Because it reeks of sarcasm, and after that, I couldn't take the rest seriously.
"I love the Stroh Center and every thing about it."
--Grant Cummings -- webmaster for the ages. .

BG '79
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Postby ErocWolverine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 pm

DetroitFalcon wrote:GBMWolverine,

The problem is that your comments are overly condescending, with the same elitist attitude that many U of M fans take. If you feel the need to post here, you should expect to get treated this way. This is a Bowling Green site.

Your "comebacks" are not funny or witty. Just crass. U of M has more money and is more powerful than BG. Everyone here knows that and no one here cares. Instead of enlightening us, why not go on your own U of M site and count the users who actually earned even a single credit hour in Ann Arbor? It will probably be less than 1%. Then I suggest you count U of M's NCAA violations in men’s sports over the past 30 years. You will find that you also have way more of those than we do!

It's sad to say but you even have less class than Sparty, who would just burn our couch and go home, without being so pompous.

Go Falcons.

Yes, this is a BG site, but doesn't warrant people just because they are a BG fan to act like a 12 year old girl and disrespect the school I follow by calling them names hiding behind a keyboard.

What comebacks were condescending that I made? Did I NAME CALL ANYBODY? Did I make fun of your school? No in fact over the years I have spent a lot of time/money at BG either at the school or working in the area.

The ones that were stats about both Michigan and Bowling Green programs over the years?

I find it funny when somebody is losing the argument or cannot put up stats that back themselves up or their program they go completely away from the discussion and look at other ways to try and lash out such as the mention of disrespecting the school, calling them names and also bringing up past violations.

Yes, the basketball team had some people that did some bad things and they are just now recovering from it by being in the NCAA tournament the past 3 out of 4 years. The football team had practice times that they went over and all those things have been corrected and in fact that took away practices times last year and also this spring to counter it (double of what they were counted of doing).

What does it matter of any of my posters/readers earned a credit at Michigan or not? I am willing to bet not all the followers here have done the same thing?
ErocWolverine
Egg
Egg

Postby guest44 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. I love message board wars. All time record vs. NCAA violations are a common computer battle.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Hockey
-->