Dylan Frye Leaves BGSU Basketball

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Dylan Frye Leaves BGSU Basketball

Postby FalconRA » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:25 pm

Does anyone know anything?
https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/bgsu ... 0200208103

P.S. I hope he is okay. I really enjoyed watching him over the last few years.
FalconRA
Egg
Egg

Re: Dylan Frye Leaves BGSU Basketball

Postby ZuluWarrior » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:53 pm

First, BiG win - Bravo, Men!

Second, obviously this is shocking news. I hope Dylan is okay. And considering how little we heard about Juice's injury at the start of the season, I'm skeptical we will hear anything transparent about this situation. I just hope the team can overcome this huge loss and win the MACC.
ZuluWarrior
Peregrine
Peregrine

Location: Born and Raised in The D! Indoctrinated in BG! Living Near Chicago

Postby factman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:10 pm

I don’t think we miss him at all, other than the depth factor. We are definitely better defensively and a better team attitude. It will be good to get Ziegler at lot of minutes for next years sake. He played well tonight and Laster has the best + on the team tonight with 0 turnovers.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Where we gain is the fact that Zeitler and laster are actually PGs, Frye was not.

What we lose is somebody used to hitting big shots. You could almost hear Diggs and Marisa's assholes puckering late today.

If we are to win the one seed now it will be Turner winning games late.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby drumstix2388 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:01 pm

{chosen to delete my comment due to speculating a personal issue. My apologies to Dylan.}
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BleedOrange » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:23 pm

Dylan was a gamer. When the chips are down, you want his ass on the floor. I hate to think he threw his senior season away over a damned girlfriend.
BleedOrange
Falcon Hoops Lifer
Falcon Hoops Lifer

Postby Diemilkweed » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 pm

Caution: 100% pure speculation follows:

I was telling my wife about this, and mentioned that while Turner was down and he had a chance to really step up - he had a monumentally bad game, including getting benched because his head was so far out of it. And another stinker though not that bad since then.

Losing the GF at Xmas just might do that . If he was having issues with anxiety or anything, that could help explain the shooting being down so much from his standard, and then losing GF could exacerbate that into "F*&^ this, I gotta get my head straight."

Nothing is more important than health.

God speed Mr. Frye. You've been an exemplary Falcon. I wish you the best.
Diemilkweed
Egg
Egg

Postby FalconTurf » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:20 pm

The best of wishes for Dylan Frye. I hope he gets what he needs and it all works out well. Very concerned with the way this all fell apart at such a late stage in the young man's time here at BG.

The team will simply need to move on and step up in their roles.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Bgsu2016 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:02 am

Lol if you throw away your basketball career because of a breakup that must have been one fine piece of booty
Bgsu2016
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:20 am

It’s important to note that Huger wouldn’t rule out a return during his postgame presser.

But right now, all that matters is that Dylan’s safe and okay. I wish him the best.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 pm

if it is a girlfriend "thing"...Dealing with relationships that fail is hard at any age. Even more so when you're in your early 20's. I'm sure being kinda in the spotlight on the tiny campus community doesn't help
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Diemilkweed » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:38 pm

@BGSU2016. A partner is much more than a piece of booty.

IF you open your mind enough to allow it.

That was easily the most sexist thing I have heard/read anybody seriously say in public in quite some time.

Your mother must be so proud of how you think and feel about women.
Diemilkweed
Egg
Egg

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm

Flipper wrote:if it is a girlfriend "thing"...Dealing with relationships that fail is hard at any age. Even more so when you're in your early 20's. I'm sure being kinda in the spotlight on the tiny campus community doesn't help

Word there. I hope he is ok. I always enjoyed watching him play.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby BGSU33 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:08 pm

I was talking to a few friends who are also BG grads and we collectively agreed that this is one, if not the, most bizarre circumstances involving a BG player in quite some time. We couldn't really think of a similar situation to compare it to. Frye is a senior starter, on a first-place team, with a little over a month of his playing career remaining, and he just up and quits??? It's very strange and odd. Players leave teams all the time, but not in circumstances like this. I have no idea what's going on with him, and we may never know. But like it or not, him quitting the team - especially at this stage and manner - is always going to be a defining mark on him and his career at BG. He'll be remembered for making and taking big shots and for breaking the career three-point record, but it will go hand in hand with him quitting and quitting on the team with only weeks left. I don't know him personally and have never met him, but one thing I'm certain of. If his decision stands and he doesn't return, it will be a decision he'll look back at and regret down the road. Mark my words - It's going to eat at him knowing that whatever he's dealing with now got the best of him. There's no way the kid I've watched play, fight and battle for three and a half years isn't going to look back at this down the road and think walking away like this was the better choice. In a month or so his collegiate career was going to be completely over anyway. He's going to regret this. But, it's obviously his decision. .
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby factman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:26 pm

...........and he has a LOT of years ahead of him, to regret what he did on basically spur of the moment.
Too bad.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Men's Hoops