2020 Recruiting Class

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

2020 Recruiting Class

Postby roguewarrior » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:56 am

As of today, I think they are up to 15 committed. While rankings don’t mean much, they are 1 in the MAC! Culture change, deadwood out or headed out, new talent coming in that are not knuckleheads. Bright days ahead!
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Re: 2020 Recruiting Class

Postby drumstix2388 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:05 pm

It’s actually 16! 247 hasn’t included Aaron Washington out of Atlanta, yet (check the recruiting page on AZZ for some more details on him). A great class coming together.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZuluWarrior » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 am

I had been surprised at all of the recruiting news over the last two weeks. This article helps explain it and gives me further belief in Coach Loeffler and his staff!

Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Michigan football's June recruiting strategy pays off

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 543646001/
ZuluWarrior
Peregrine
Peregrine

Location: Born and Raised in The D! Indoctrinated in BG! Living Near Chicago

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Now that you can, why wouldn’t you want to load up before the season starts? Gives you breathing room during the season to focus on the team you have. We will lose a few to decommits, but I’m sure there will be a few they keep on ice or fall to us post season into next February. 2019’s and 2020’s will be the core starting now. Awesome work by staff.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Hockey guy here who knows nothing about football so forgive me if this is really obvious, but from reading these threads the theme seems to be the non-X's and O's aspect of the coaching has improved dramatically in a very short time. Feels like professionals who know "how the industry works" have taken over.
2-time BGSU Intramural Curling Champion.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:42 pm

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:Hockey guy here who knows nothing about football so forgive me if this is really obvious, but from reading these threads the theme seems to be the non-X's and O's aspect of the coaching has improved dramatically in a very short time. Feels like professionals who know "how the industry works" have taken over.

That's correct. And I think that the X's and O's aspect has also improved dramatically, just based on the level of experience all of the new coaches have in comparison to the others. If we can somehow keep the whole staff together for 3+ years, I think the turnaround will be a lot faster than I would have guessed at the beginning of their tenure.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:02 pm

247 has us with 19 commits and the #1 class in the MAC.

https://247sports.com/college/bowling-g ... l/Commits/

As a long time sales and marketing guy...it is far easier to fend off people gunning for our "clients" than it is to get new ones. If you think these guys are fits..load up now and work to keep them.
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Falcon Commander » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:03 pm

Ranked 1st from 12th.... a year ago (in the MAC) !!
9 - 3 Star Recruits
8 - 2 Star Recruits

This staff deserves huge recognition for the effort they have done in their first year recruiting!! :supz:
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Falcon Commander wrote:Ranked 1st from 12th.... a year ago (in the MAC) !!
9 - 3 Star Recruits
8 - 2 Star Recruits

This staff deserves huge recognition for the effort they have done in their first year recruiting!! :supz:

The real tale is told by the star average. BG is right at about 80.0 now, just slightly behind Western and the Rock-ettes. That no. 1 rating is likely due more to have 17 recruits vs. 13 (Western) and 11 (Rock-ettes) than anything else. If they can close strong and finish with more 3-star guys, they should remain in the top 3. Also, two of BG's recruits do not yet have star ratings. That will likely change in the coming season, and could have an impact on the class rating/ranking.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Falconwriter wrote:
9 - 3 Star Recruits
8 - 2 Star Recruits

The real tale is told by the star average. BG is right at about 80.0 now, just slightly behind Western and the Rock-ettes. That no. 1 rating is likely due more to have 17 recruits vs. 13 (Western) and 11 (Rock-ettes) than anything else. If they can close strong and finish with more 3-star guys, they should remain in the top 3. Also, two of BG's recruits do not yet have star ratings. That will likely change in the coming season, and could have an impact on the class rating/ranking.

Once signed to NLI, “No” star recruits become two stars on 247. Keep in mind, the star rankings are In my opinion only meaningful at 4-5, because those are coveted, “famous” talents. The guy in the 247 basement ranking the 3 and under, probably never heard of them and certainly didn’t scout them. That said, #1 is better than #12! Most importantly, 19 commits before the fall kickoff is HUGE.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby daspollak » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:08 pm

roguewarrior wrote:
Falconwriter wrote:
9 - 3 Star Recruits
8 - 2 Star Recruits

Once signed to NLI, “No” star recruits become two stars on 247. Keep in mind, the star rankings are In my opinion only meaningful at 4-5, because those are coveted, “famous” talents. The guy in the 247 basement ranking the 3 and under, probably never heard of them and certainly didn’t scout them. That said, #1 is better than #12! Most importantly, 19 commits before the fall kickoff is HUGE.

They use information they can get on a recruit from camps. If the numbers look good, they will try to find tape and can have a better evaluation. If a kid plays at a small school, and doesn't go to camps they are usually NR or no star kids.
Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach PE.
daspollak
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:49 pm

21 now! Big OT from Ed’s is going to be good!
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Love getting kids from St Ed's
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Tony4BG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:54 pm

Up to 24 verbals which to me is crazy. Possible staff knows couple guys signing elsewhere.

Latest verbal. Jeremiah Banks-Wall OL listed 6’6 only 250.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby mbenecke » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Need to pull the absolute maximum of 25 in the next few classes just to have enough bodies to play this sport.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football