Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: 3606

Postby factman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:44 am

I think some “blame” also lies on the person/people that hired those two train wrecks AD’s!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby AyZiggy97 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 am

UofToledoFans wrote:The two times BGSUcks had teams they thought were better than ours (2013, 2015) were two of the times Toledo came out strong and had pedal to the gas for 60 minutes. 2013 was the only time y'all were actually the better team... It's a rivalry because of proximity, but not based on culture as we have similar common and working spaces.
BGSUcks will throw every trick, gimmick at us. I wouldn't be surprised if BGSUcks only watched Toledo film all year and are ready for us. But the talent and play calling gap is massive. If Mitch G gets hurt this game could get spooky??? Maybe another big injury? Not sure how this would have to set up for a Falcon win.
Thanks for the new seats though as it will protect our fans from the wind.

I have no idea what pedal to the gas means.

Yes, Toledo has been the better team for most years in the last decade. That's what BG fans have been lamenting on here. It's not quite breaking news.

Yes, there is a talent gap. If you think it's massive, I'd like to hear your description of the talent gap BG faced last week.
AyZiggy97
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Antimob » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:02 pm

Open enrollment admissions is a big reason for their recruiting classes being as prolific as they are although Akron's standards are similarly low and it hasn't seemed to help them. They play weak to moderately challenging non-conference schedules while most of the rest of the MAC kills themselves in consistently near-impossible to win games. They've also been able to hang on to Candle after he won his championship while BG has seen their championship winning coaches depart before the champagne is even dry on the players uniforms.

Merge those three together and combine them with Kingston's touch of death on coaching hires and there's your streak. They should have their fun while they can because things have a tendency to turn and turn rapidly.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby RangerRocket » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Antimob wrote:Open enrollment admissions is a big reason for their recruiting classes being as prolific as they are although Akron's standards are similarly low and it hasn't seemed to help them. They play weak to moderately challenging non-conference schedules while most of the rest of the MAC kills themselves in consistently near-impossible to win games. They've also been able to hang on to Candle after he won his championship while BG has seen their championship winning coaches depart before the champagne is even dry on the players uniforms.

Merge those three together and combine them with Kingston's touch of death on coaching hires and there's your streak. They should have their fun while they can because things have a tendency to turn and turn rapidly.

Best laugh out loud reading I’ve enjoyed in quite a while. Wow.
RangerRocket
Chick
Chick

Postby TommyG » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:22 pm

RangerRocket wrote:
Antimob wrote:Open enrollment admissions is a big reason for their recruiting classes being as prolific as they are although Akron's standards are similarly low and it hasn't seemed to help them. They play weak to moderately challenging non-conference schedules while most of the rest of the MAC kills themselves in consistently near-impossible to win games. They've also been able to hang on to Candle after he won his championship while BG has seen their championship winning coaches depart before the champagne is even dry on the players uniforms.

I mean Antimob...what are you talking about? BG doesn’t have any admissions disadvantages for football. Partial scholarship sports yes, but revenue sports its the same across the board in the MAC. Why do people post things as fact when they have no insight on the subject?
UT’s non-conference schedule is very similar to everyone else in the conference. They are much better in football...it’s not close right now.
It doesn’t change the fact that it is a terrible school in comparison to BGSU from a student experience and we are still better than them in most every other sport.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby threestooges » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 pm

TommyG wrote:
RangerRocket wrote:

I mean Antimob...what are you talking about? BG doesn’t have any admissions disadvantages for football. Partial scholarship sports yes, but revenue sports its the same across the board in the MAC. Why do people post things as fact when they have no insight on the subject?
UT’s non-conference schedule is very similar to everyone else in the conference. They are much better in football...it’s not close right now.
It doesn’t change the fact that it is a terrible school in comparison to BGSU from a student experience and we are still better than them in most every other sport.

Agreed. Nothing worse than when trolls have a reason to troll. These two trolls are trolling awful hard, but the Rockettes have been the better team for the better part of a decade now. There are no huge advantages for one school over the other when it comes to admissions in football. Trolledo has maintained some consistency when they've made coaching changes, and we had a disaster of a hire. I think Loeffler knows what he's doing, but the 2019 season is just another few feet down the well we fell into when Babers did little to no recruiting & Kingston tried (& failed miserably) to pretend he was the smartest guy in the room. This season is basically Year Four of the Jinks regime, and until Loeffler's recruits get here & he has a chance to turn this thing around, we'll continue to lose to the Trolledo's of the world.

So troll away, you U of Trolledo trolls. Troll away.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby h2oville rocket » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:42 pm

RangerRocket wrote:

Agree!
h2oville rocket
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rocket_Fanatic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:51 pm

As mentioned on Toledo board, worst rivalry week ever. I remember the days when I’d be praying for a victory over you guys. Fix your program!
Rocket_Fanatic
Egg
Egg

Postby Beaker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:32 am

Exactly why I said earlier this week that this is not currently a rivalry. It's even lost it's luster for Turdledo fans. When there's only 1 possible outcome to the game, then the rivalry loses it's significance. I'm longing for a time when this week gets me excited again. Normally, wearing the LT logo would have me pumped. I doubt I'll be able to stomach watching it very long today.

Speaking of that logo, I would love to see us wear it on a white helmet some time. Sometime down the road, in a game we have a chance to win.
Beaker
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:26 am

Rocket_Fanatic wrote:As mentioned on Toledo board, worst rivalry week ever. I remember the days when I’d be praying for a victory over you guys. Fix your program!

I have a better idea: go away.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Hockey John » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Rocket_Fanatic wrote:As mentioned on Toledo board, worst rivalry week ever. I remember the days when I’d be praying for a victory over you guys. Fix your program!

Go pollute your board. Fix your lack of class.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby Hockey John » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Now we will see if Rocket Fanatic has any class and comes back and posts on here. I doubt it.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby Bgsu2016 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:14 pm

It’s over! Shove it Toledo!
Bgsu2016
Egg
Egg

Postby Falconwriter » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Wish...GRANTED! BG 20 - scUT 7
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby RangerRocket » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Well, back to Zero... Bragging rights to BGSU for the next year.
RangerRocket
Chick
Chick

PreviousNext

Return to Football