Halloween show

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Halloween show

Postby Metz » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:20 pm

If anyone wants to listen to the electronic versions of our Halloween show you can dl the mp3's from the site below. Just remember, it will sound 500x better when heard in real life so come to the game and don't leave your seat at the half!!!

http://fmb.cjb.net/
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby SaxyOboist » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:56 am

*DROOLS*

I... can't... wait.... :shock:

*DROOLS*
:twisted:
SaxyOboist
Egg
Egg

Postby frdmgir7 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:39 pm

Dude, I LOVE Harry Potter! I am excited for the show!

Although, I'll never forget the Thriller show.
frdmgir7
Chick
Chick

Postby FliccGirl » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:26 pm

Uh oh... you said the T word... *waits for the inevitable maggot joke* :roll: :wink: lol
Falcon Marching Band member 2002-05
FMB Flicc Squad Leader 2005
Tau Beta Sigma outreach chair 04-05, 05-06
The sun ALWAYS shines on the Falcon Marching Band.

***Irrational Exuberance!***
FliccGirl
Peregrine
Peregrine

Location: Toledo... (but I repeat, the MED SCHOOL DOESN'T COUNT!)

Postby Metz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:28 pm

frdmgir7 wrote:Dude, I LOVE Harry Potter! I am excited for the show!

I have never watched Harry Poter and refuse to. The kid that lived next door to me in Mac West a few years ago looked just like him! Since the kid was a moron, I have refused to watch and probably never will! Thriller was an awesome show though, I will not deny!

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the project manager, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby Rightupinthere » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:01 pm

Yeah!?

Well, we had a giant plant eat our rather smallish drum major one halloween show.

*sigh* Them were the days, eh Ohiogal?
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby Ohiogal » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:45 pm

Well, even though I've never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show, that was a fun show. I remember Pat laughing during rehearsal. I was in ABLE so I was ABLE to watch him get eaten.

I still think Alumni should march at half-time....
Go Faccons!
Ohiogal
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSUfanatUT » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:20 pm

McMetz811 wrote:
frdmgir7 wrote:Dude, I LOVE Harry Potter! I am excited for the show!

I have never watched Harry Poter and refuse to. The kid that lived next door to me in Mac West a few years ago looked just like him! Since the kid was a moron, I have refused to watch and probably never will! Thriller was an awesome show though, I will not deny!

Im with you Metz, only i dont know anyone that looked liek him. I jsut know that in real life J K Rowling studies witchcraft, therefor Im not donating to the cause by buying her propaganda.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. A rocket is always a dildo."
~Rightupinthere
BGSUfanatUT
rubs smooth arms
rubs smooth arms

Postby SaxyOboist » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:30 pm

I jsut know that in real life J K Rowling studies witchcraft, therefor Im not donating to the cause by buying her propaganda.

So, what does witchcraft have anything to do with how well she writes her books? Were you being serious about since she studies the craft, you won't even check one of her books out of the library and read them?

I'm just going to stop with the idea of that because I don't want to draw attention from the fact that our halftime show on Oct. 30th is going to be awesome.

[/quote]
SaxyOboist
Egg
Egg

Postby Metz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:27 am

SaxyOboist wrote:I'm just going to stop with the idea of that because I don't want to draw attention from the fact that our halftime show on Oct. 30th is going to be awesome.

Threads go off on tangents all the time! No need to get back to the main point...that is what the title of the thread is for :P

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the project manager, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby Metz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:30 am

Ohiogal wrote:I still think Alumni should march at half-time....

Half-time of the alumni game would be cool! I know you all enjoy doing pregame and showing us up but marching an entire half-time show with you all would be great! The problem would be getting everyone to learn the show, making it look good, and making it sound good. Since we memorize our music now, the same would have to be for you all as well. No more flip folders :wink: I honestly don't think there would be enough time to get alumni marching a half-time show with us or I would be up for it any day!

Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby BGSUfanatUT » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:30 am

SaxyOboist wrote:
I jsut know that in real life J K Rowling studies witchcraft, therefor Im not donating to the cause by buying her propaganda.

So, what does witchcraft have anything to do with how well she writes her books? Were you being serious about since she studies the craft, you won't even check one of her books out of the library and read them?

I'm just going to stop with the idea of that because I don't want to draw attention from the fact that our halftime show on Oct. 30th is going to be awesome.

[/quote]

Its kind of the principal of the thing. I don't agree with that, so Im not going to support her. Im not saying her books are bad, I've never read them. But that doesnt mean I'm going to read them, to "give her a chance" or something like that.

I worked at the wood county library for over 2 years, I've seen what that does to the minds of the kids, and adults aalike, no way am I going to get sucked in. Lord of the Rings is my fantasy crack thank you very much.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. A rocket is always a dildo."
~Rightupinthere
BGSUfanatUT
rubs smooth arms
rubs smooth arms

Postby Rightupinthere » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:31 am

McMetz811 wrote:
Ohiogal wrote: I honestly don't think there would be enough time to get alumni marching a half-time show with us or I would be up for it any day!

We've done it before. Several years back, I believe. We came out in block formation much like pregame. Or, we could just line up on the goal line and say that we're offering "surround sound". Make it an 80's show and we can say we're sponsored by Thomas Dolby!

I'm sure flip folders would be allowed since we're not in uniform, the fans would understand us not having the music memorized and all.
And we would sound good.

And we don't have to look good. We haven't looked good since college (or ever in my case). Besides, we're in those aweful windbreakers. No one looks good in them. If I get onto the band board (big 'if' since I"m a bad seed and all), I'm going to try to replace those with something I could wear more than once a year.

I'm getting pretty excited to see the band this year.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby Metz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:54 am

Rightupinthere wrote:We've done it before. Several years back, I believe. We came out in block formation much like pregame. Or, we could just line up on the goal line and say that we're offering "surround sound". Make it an 80's show and we can say we're sponsored by Thomas Dolby!

If you just came out in a block formation I'm sure it would work. I thought you actually wanted to march an entire show with us, not do a stand and play type thing!! In that case, I take back everything I said except the part about looking good. You guys do look good even in the goofy orange things! Your chair step is about 45 degrees higher than anyone in the FMB now! If you are in the FMB now and able to march, take that as constructive criticism, not as a harsh comment. But back to the orange things. If the alumni could get orange hooded sweatshirts I think it would look cool. They could say FMB Alumni on them. Maybe we could add those to the clothing sale order forms in the Fall and send them out to all of you as well.

Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Sweatshirts

Postby Ohiogal » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:12 pm

Mark: as Drum majors, we don't HAVE to dress like everyone else! That's why I like to wear our "Associate Drum Major" sweatshirts...

As for looking good... speak for yourself! I was 'hired' cause of my looks and you were 'hired' for your height! ;)-

I need to see what sweatpants the band is selling. Mine from college have about HAD it! They are holier than the pope.
Go Faccons!
Ohiogal
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to BGSU Bands