Pregame

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Pregame

Postby Ms.Falcon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:36 pm

What would you all do if pregame was changed?
Ms.Falcon
Egg
Egg

Postby bgmaggot00 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:38 pm

???

How very cryptic...
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Ms.Falcon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:42 pm

I was just wondering because there maybe some differences with the on field and down field at the next game
Ms.Falcon
Egg
Egg

Postby tubachic » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:22 pm

yea...... they wouldn't change anything traditional. I mean we still have the Ice Arena, Buffo and Tuba Cheers...wait a minute we don't? OK so mess with one of the few things Alumni can relate to. What's next?
"Hey Maggots, let's go to the front of the band"
tubachic
Egg
Egg

Postby It's the Journey... » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:28 pm

It depends on how much it is changed. If you are talking about tweeking it because of the Sebo Center then I am alright with that. I am just waiting to see one pregame with straight lines, crisp attacks, and good marching. I haven't seen one of those since Dr. Rohr's last year at BG. I guess I am more of a quality over quantity person.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBEuphtastic » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:11 pm

I'm actually kind of dismayed at the changes that have already taken place in pregame. What happened to the entire band marching forward, as one, to fall off into our ranks? I'm somewhat ambivalent about the moving around of different voices on the field. I'm sure Dr. Hayward has a reason for the changes she's made...but I guess I'd appreciate knowing them rather than guessing at them.
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother. You're already screwed.
FMBEuphtastic
Egg
Egg

Postby Shakeatailfeather04 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:11 pm

I remember when Dr. Toney tried to change pregame, namely entry, in 2001. A maggot section leader brought a framed picture of maggot entry to a leadership meeting and made a very impassioned plea for him to keep it the way "it had always been". And when I say impassioned, what I really mean is that he practically screamed and threw a fit about it. Not that I'm advocating for that type of behavior...

Pregame was one of the things I loved most about the FMB and one of the things that makes us unique. I will be upset if it's changed, especially if it's not for good reason.
Time will treat you kindly
Years from now you'll be
Ever dearer to our hearts,
Our University.

We drink MILK and eat cookies all night long, HEY!!
Shakeatailfeather04
Chick
Chick

Postby goofyeuph » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:51 pm

I have no problem with tweaks. However, due to conversations I've had with some other people in the band, I have a feeling more has been changed than just "tweaks". I don't know what, yet, has been changed so I will reserve my judgment until that time. Although as long as it still mostly resembles the Pregame I marched, and is done while Chairstepping at 160+ bpm, I most likely won't have too much of a problem.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgmaggot00 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Shakeatailfeather04 wrote:Pregame was one of the things I loved most about the FMB and one of the things that makes us unique.

Unique? How so?

I thought pre-game was great until I stopped marching, and started WATCHING and LISTENING. Straight lines, diagonals, horn angles, varying chair step heighths (sp?) and styles, mixed in with a sound that was at times unintelligible doesn't make for a "rousing" experience in my book. Tweak away, tweak away... or just change it.

:::putting on my flame-retardant suit:::
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:44 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I'm suddenly GLAD I'm not making it to homecoming this year.

BAH!
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby Shakeatailfeather04 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 pm

bgmaggot00 wrote:
Shakeatailfeather04 wrote:Pregame was one of the things I loved most about the FMB and one of the things that makes us unique.

Unique? How so?

I thought pre-game was great until I stopped marching, and started WATCHING and LISTENING. Straight lines, diagonals, horn angles, varying chair step heighths (sp?) and styles, mixed in with a sound that was at times unintelligible doesn't make for a "rousing" experience in my book. Tweak away, tweak away... or just change it.

:::putting on my flame-retardant suit:::

It's unique in that no university does a pregame quite like ours. Every band has their own pregame, and I quite like ours. All of the simple elements you described are put together in a way that I think is fun to perform and interesting to watch. No, it's not always performed well, but that doesn't take away from how great the drill itself is. I don't think that just because it isn't practiced enough (and fundamentals aren't where they should be) it should be thrown in favor of something else.

Also, as a maggot I think you're going to FMB hell for hating on pregame :wink:
Time will treat you kindly
Years from now you'll be
Ever dearer to our hearts,
Our University.

We drink MILK and eat cookies all night long, HEY!!
Shakeatailfeather04
Chick
Chick

Postby Rightupinthere » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:53 pm

And in our top story, the charred, partially re-built remains of the bridge to the alumni base was wiped out by a hurricane today......."

I really hope this is just a mole hill and not the mountain I fear it is.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby bgmaggot00 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:01 pm

RUIT, when did the FMB build a bridge down in the Yucatan?
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jg4242 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:23 am

After watching my dvd's, pregame appears to be identical this year to last year. The only thing that has changed is the form that we use for Ay-Zig and Alma Mater, which changes every year anyway. As far as I can tell, nothing else has changed (entry or downfield drill).
jg4242
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Rightupinthere » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:00 am

jg4242 wrote:After watching my dvd's, pregame appears to be identical this year to last year. The only thing that has changed is the form that we use for Ay-Zig and Alma Mater, which changes every year anyway. As far as I can tell, nothing else has changed (entry or downfield drill).

WHEW!
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Next

Return to BGSU Bands