Need New Music for the Stands - would love a band opinion

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Postby bgmaggot00 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:27 pm

MarkL wrote:Sweet Caroline ... really cool the first time at football

Wrong. I only saw it once this year (UT), and I thought it was terrible.

A. It's a Red Sox song, plain and simple. Why not have the FMB play Hail to the Vicors next year.

B. The syncronization between the PA and the band wasn't close to correct, and the "hiccup" in the middle of the song was just odd.

C. Were the recording and the FMB's arrangement in different keys? I seem to recall that they were. If so, that's just not right.
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:01 am

bgmaggot00 wrote:

A. It's a Red Sox song, plain and simple. Why not have the FMB play Hail to the Vicors next year.

B. The syncronization between the PA and the band wasn't close to correct, and the "hiccup" in the middle of the song was just odd.

C. Were the recording and the FMB's arrangement in different keys? I seem to recall that they were. If so, that's just not right.

I'm not a music major, but it definately sounds like they are in two different keys. It would be nice that if we are forced to do it then we should be given an arrangement done in the same key as the song.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSUE » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:28 am

As an alum and b!g BG fan I'd like to see Sweet Caroline sheet music & CD hung from the flag pole never to be heard again. It was played everywhere & really got on my nerves. :roll: I thought I would hear it @ the banquets I've attended. I REALLY enjoy the bands, marching and pep, makes the hair on my neck stand on end when you really get into what you're playing. No other band can hold a candle to FMB or pep band. some people in south of OH think they're pretty good but for me it's all of you. At this time I can't think of a tune to suggest maybe it's tooo early in the morning.
Thanks BANDS :!: :!: :!: GO!!!!!!!!!!BG!!!!!!!!!!!! BG ___ BG ___
BGSUE
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:09 am

bgmaggot00 wrote:

He said the first time... UT was when they switched recordings on us and we had that bi-key disaster. The students did seem to respond that first game, after that it went down hill.

I hate Hey baby however. There are only three notes in the euph part.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:04 am

The Niz wrote:I hate Hey baby however. There are only three notes in the euph part.

Oh cry me a river Niz :-D Hey Baby is just awesome!! But then again, the tubas actually have a pretty big part in that song :twisted:
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgmaggot00 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:05 am

Strouse wrote:
The Niz wrote:I hate Hey baby however. There are only three notes in the euph part.

Oh cry me a river Niz :-D Hey Baby is just awesome!! But then again, the tubas actually have a pretty big part in that song :twisted:

:::applauds:::
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:32 am

Strouse wrote:

I love the song when I'm on trumpet, and I like listening to it from the crowd. Maybe we'll just have to write a new euph part. The current one adds nothing to the song.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby murph » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:39 am

The Niz wrote: euph part. The current one adds nothing to the song.

Does it ever?
murph
Chick
Chick

Postby bgmaggot00 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 am

murph wrote:

Does it ever?

Hah!
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby goofyeuph » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Niz,

You're right the euph part sucks. Although, I always enjoyed playing it, if only because I could not pay attention and still be right. If the band isn't playing it anymore, it is another song that HAS to make a comeback.

Maggots,

Isn't there a keg calling your name somewhere?
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:40 pm

goofyeuph wrote:Maggots,

Isn't there a keg calling your name somewhere?

Well duh...what do you think we sit on when we're on the computer?
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:19 pm

bgmaggot00 wrote:
murph wrote:

Does it ever?

Hah!

Forward Falcons...

Anything arranged by Lou Marini

Anything written by sousa
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:11 am

your part in forward falcons isn't anything the mellos, alto and tenor saxes couldn't play 100 times better ;) so you "adding" to that doesn't count. haha
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby The Niz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:28 am

SaxyGirl85 wrote:your part in forward falcons isn't anything the mellos, alto and tenor saxes couldn't play 100 times better ;) so you "adding" to that doesn't count. haha

Actually none of those sections can play the line correctly. We have gone over this before, you all have to make a jump half way through the line because your pansies and can't make it all the way down the run. :-D [/code]
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:37 pm

The Niz wrote:
SaxyGirl85 wrote:your part in forward falcons isn't anything the mellos, alto and tenor saxes couldn't play 100 times better ;) so you "adding" to that doesn't count. haha

Actually none of those sections can play the line correctly. We have gone over this before, you all have to make a jump half way through the line because your pansies and can't make it all the way down the run. :-D [/code]

ACTUALLY...the tenors have the entire run in their part and i believe the mellos do too and besides, it's not like it's our fault our instrument doesn't play as low as yours...who wants to carry something like that around, anyway? ;)
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

PreviousNext

Return to BGSU Bands