Page 1 of 1

Bowling "Gray" State University

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:56 am
by BGSU33
We saw another construction project on campus by the rec center, and were informed it's a.....wait for it, wait for it....another parking lot! Yeah, because BG needs more of those. We also saw where the Greek houses are coming down on the West side of campus where another parking lot is going to be built. Dear Lord. Our enrollment keeps declining and declining but yet we keep adding more and more parking lots on inner campus? Exceptional planning and developing a "beautification" effort as you claimed BGSU....SMH.....Because nothing says we're committed to improving the appearance of campus than more surface lots!!!

Hey BGSU, when we walked in the old quad in front of a University Hall, I noticed this "green stuff" - like grass and trees. We better get rid of that and put a parking lot there too....and while you're at it, you could just change the school name to "Bowling Gray State University" because it's sure more fitting than Bowling Green right now. :x

Re: Bowling "Gray" State University

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:49 am
by footballguy51
Wow. Although this really does not need a response, I will at least explain the new parking lot by the rec center. The University is attempting to draw the community in to use the facility. Having a large parking lot dedicated to the rec center makes that much easier. Additionally, with swim events periodically throughout the year, a dedicated parking lot was needed. In the past, patrons parked at the music building or ice arena, thus taking spots from students.

Re: Bowling "Gray" State University

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:26 pm
by Lord_Byron

Re: Bowling "Gray" State University

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:47 pm
by factman
footballguy51 wrote:Wow. Although this really does not need a response, I will at least explain the new parking lot by the rec center. The University is attempting to draw the community in to use the facility. Having a large parking lot dedicated to the rec center makes that much easier. Additionally, with swim events periodically throughout the year, a dedicated parking lot was needed. In the past, patrons parked at the music building or ice arena, thus taking spots from students.


The only time the ice arena lot is even slightly full is during hockey games. Is it really too much to walk ACROSS the street? How many "memberships" would they have to sell to pay for the new lot?

Re: Bowling "Gray" State University

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:37 pm
by Critical Thinker
I'll agree with 33 on this one. I understood the last one, but this one makes no sense.


footballguy51 wrote:Wow. Although this really does not need a response, I will at least explain the new parking lot by the rec center. The University is attempting to draw the community in to use the facility. Having a large parking lot dedicated to the rec center makes that much easier. Additionally, with swim events periodically throughout the year, a dedicated parking lot was needed. In the past, patrons parked at the music building or ice arena, thus taking spots from students.


1.- It didn't look that big to me. My friend and I thought it was going to be something else at first because it was so small.

2.- The ice arena lot never fills up except for hockey. I don't believe I've ever seen the music building lot full, either.


BGSU33 wrote:Hey BGSU, when we walked in the old quad in front of a University Hall, I noticed this "green stuff" - like grass and trees. We better get rid of that and put a parking lot there too.


Ironically, there used to be a street going through the quad up to University Hall, before they took it out and added whatever that green stuff is. :wink:

Re: Bowling "Gray" State University

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:10 pm
by BGSU33
Critical Thinker wrote:I'll agree with 33 on this one. I understood the last one, but this one makes no sense.


footballguy51 wrote:Wow. Although this really does not need a response, I will at least explain the new parking lot by the rec center. The University is attempting to draw the community in to use the facility. Having a large parking lot dedicated to the rec center makes that much easier. Additionally, with swim events periodically throughout the year, a dedicated parking lot was needed. In the past, patrons parked at the music building or ice arena, thus taking spots from students.


1.- It didn't look that big to me. My friend and I thought it was going to be something else at first because it was so small.

2.- The ice arena lot never fills up except for hockey. I don't believe I've ever seen the music building lot full, either.


BGSU33 wrote:Hey BGSU, when we walked in the old quad in front of a University Hall, I noticed this "green stuff" - like grass and trees. We better get rid of that and put a parking lot there too.


Ironically, there used to be a street going through the quad up to University Hall, before they took it out and added whatever that green stuff is. :wink:


It actually wasn't a street, it was an oval loop/drive. But yes I'm aware there used to be a drive there. However, it was also during the infancy of our university when we had only several buildings and the campus was nowhere near the size it is now. I'm just tired of watching our inner campus featuring more and more surface lots. It makes it look like s**t.