Your favorite teacher/instructor/professor?

A place to reminisce about the past or talk about the future of BGSU and Bowling Green.

Postby Falcons4Life » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:03 am

Stakhanova is awesome! She gave me the only D I have ever gotten in my life....but then again....she also gave me most of the A's I got!! I loved her classes.....

To be honest though...I dont know why she ever gave out a syllabus....we NEVER EVER followed it!!! :lol:
Falcons4Life
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby RobbyFalcon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:54 pm

Both Dr. Givens and Dr. Skaggs have been mentioned as being great history teachers and I agree.

I had Givens for "great personalities of the 20th Century" or something like that. It was a 300 or 400 level class and he made the material shine. It was all interesting and his stories from WWII were fascinating.

Skaggs was great. We had a field trip once and on another occasion he wore his Revolutionary era coat to class. I also remember a very heated slavery/race debate breaking out in his class and thinking, "My God, there's going to be a fight in a 400 level American History class....cool."

I remember a pop culture teacher; a Russian woman who wore sweat pants every day and bright red lipstick. I remember being annoyed that this poorly dressed foreign woman knew more about America than I did.

Enough! I can't drown in memories. I'm supposed to be working.
Robby Anonymous
Class of '89
RobbyFalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Administration/Classes/Memories